WHAT MUST PARENTS DO?
- Do not force an unwilling child to participate in sports.
- Remember children are involved in organized sports for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Teach your child always to play by the rules.
- Teach your child that hard work and an honest effort are often more important than a victory.
- Help your child work toward skill improvement and good sportsmanship in every game. Your child will then be a winner, even in defeat.
- Do not ridicule or yell at your child for making a mistake or for losing a game.
- Set a good example. Children learn best by example.
- Applaud good plays by your team and by members of the opposing team.
- Do not publicly question a referee’s judgment and never their honesty.
- Recognize the value and importance of volunteer coaches, referees and officials and give them their due respect. Without them, there would be no AYSO soccer.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from youth sporting activities.
PLEASE DON'T SMOKE ON OR NEAR THE FIELDS!
PLEASE DON'T BRING DOGS TO ANY OF THE FIELDS!
Please provide a healthy athletic environment for the kids and our guests.
We are guests in the parks and on the fields that our children play on. Please provide a safe and clean environment. Do not leave trash behind and if you see trash on the field pick it up!
Please remember when you ask an AYSO volunteer to do something for you their only pay is your thanks.
Sometimes the Team Parents organize a schedule of volunteers to bring drinks / snacks to each game. If your team does not have a Team Parent speak to the team coach about organizing a schedule or becoming the Team Parent.
Save the big snacks for the end of the game if possible.
Consider water. It is best that the kids drink water. If your child likes sports drinks, mix the sports drink 50/50 with some water before the game.
WHAT THINGS CAN I DO TO ENHANCE MY CHILD'S SPORTS EXPERIENCE?
- Remember the golden rule.
- Learn the rules of the game.
- Introduce yourself to the coach.
- Spend one game on the "other" team's sideline.
- #1 Most Important – VOLUNTEER!
WHAT SHOULD PLAYERS DO?
- Play for the fun of it, not just to please your parents or coach.
- Play by the Rules.
- Never argue with or complain about the referee calls or decisions. Control your temper. And most of all, resist the temptation to retaliate when you feel you have been wronged.
- Concentrate on playing soccer and on affecting the outcome of the game with your best effort. Work equally hard for your team and for yourself.
- Be a good sport by cheering all goodplays, whether it is your team's or your opponent's.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated.
- Remember that the goals of the game are to have fun, improve skills and feel good. Don't be a showoff or a ballhog.
- Cooperate with your coaches, teammates,opponents and the referees.